A SpaceX Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 rocket was launched From Cape Canaveral in Florida USA at 2127 GMT on 29 March . It was carrying 53 Starlink satellites (Group 4-16) for the SpaceX low Earth orbit communications satellite constellation. The launch’s reusable first stage B1062 on its sixth flight – and only 21 days after its last flight – landed on the barge/drone ship A Shortfall of Gravitas downrange in the Atlantic Ocean (at eight minutes 25 seconds after launch). The satellites were placed into a 317 x 304 km near circular deployment orbit at an inclination of 53.2 degrees from where they will raise themselves upwards by circa 240 km to their operational orbits.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
On 26 January 2023, at 0932 GMT, a Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 successfully launched 56 Starlink Gen2 satellites from Space Read more
SpaceNews reports (quoting the South China Morning Post) that the Zhurong 1 Mars rover as part of the Tianwen 1 Read more
Kicking off its launch year, Japan has placed a radar reconnaissance satellite into near-500 km sun-synchronous low Earth orbit (LEO). Read more
European launch service company Isar Aerospace, and U.S.-based Spaceflight Inc. which offers rides to orbit for satellites have announced a Read more
While action film actor Tom Cruise has his detractors, you cannot say he is not successful. Recently starring in the Read more
After another day's delay due to bad weather, a Rocket Lab Electron KS rocket successfully launched three 30 kg Hawk Read more
At 1543 GMT on 19 January a SpaceX Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 rocket conducted its first Starlink mission of 2023. Read more
- SpaceX Falcon 9 launches Starlink Group 5-2
- Tianwen 1 mission’s Zhurong-1 Mars rover may have expired in its sleep
- Japan completes its first launch of the year of the radar reconnaissance satellite IGS RADAR-7
- New orders: ISAR Aerospace signs Spaceflight, Impulse Space LEO Express 1 to fly on Falcon 9, Raytheon chooses LM400 bus, Advance Space goes for bus from General Atomics, as Naucrates SSA sat goes to Clydespace
- Tom Cruise may have saved cinema industry with Top Gun-Maverick but he has even higher movie plans with space station studio module now ordered