China successfully launched the Gaofen Multimedia and Xibaipo Star satellites at 0310 GMT on 3 July 2020 on a Long March 4B (CZ-4B) launch vehicle from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China. Gaofen X is a high resolution (sub 1 metre) multi-mode electro-optical imaging satellite and was built by CAST. The Xibaipo Star satellite was built by the Xibaipo Middle School and carries an amateur radio using call sign BY70-2.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
On 26 January 2023, at 0932 GMT, a Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 successfully launched 56 Starlink Gen2 satellites from Space Read more
SpaceNews reports (quoting the South China Morning Post) that the Zhurong 1 Mars rover as part of the Tianwen 1 Read more
Kicking off its launch year, Japan has placed a radar reconnaissance satellite into near-500 km sun-synchronous low Earth orbit (LEO). Read more
European launch service company Isar Aerospace, and U.S.-based Spaceflight Inc. which offers rides to orbit for satellites have announced a Read more
Nuclear Thermal rocket propulsion has been mooted since the 1960s. The idea is to use nuclear power to heat rocket Read more
After another day's delay due to bad weather, a Rocket Lab Electron KS rocket successfully launched three 30 kg Hawk Read more
At 1543 GMT on 19 January a SpaceX Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 rocket conducted its first Starlink mission of 2023. Read more
- SpaceX Falcon 9 launches Starlink Group 5-2
- Tianwen 1 mission’s Zhurong-1 Mars rover may have expired in its sleep
- Japan completes its first launch of the year of the radar reconnaissance satellite IGS RADAR-7
- New orders: ISAR Aerospace signs Spaceflight, Impulse Space LEO Express 1 to fly on Falcon 9, Raytheon chooses LM400 bus, Advance Space goes for bus from General Atomics, as Naucrates SSA sat goes to Clydespace
- Tom Cruise may have saved cinema industry with Top Gun-Maverick but he has even higher movie plans with space station studio module now ordered