The Chinese successfully launched a Long March 2F/G (CZ-2F/G) launch vehicle from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre, China at 0244 GMT on 5 June 2022. The vehicle was carrying Shenzhou 14, a crewed spaceflight to the Tiangong space station. Three astronauts (dubbed “Taikonauts” by the Western media) were aboard the spacecraft. They were Cai Xuzhe, Chen Dong and Liu Yang. Shenzhou 14 docked with the Tianhe nadir port of the Chinese Space Station at 0942 GMT on 5 June. Times from Jonathan McDowell.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
On 2 February 2023, after the Quest airlock was depressurised, NASA astronaut Nicole Mann and JAXA astronaut Koichi Wakata opened Read more
The failure investigation set up by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) into the launch failure of the maiden flight Read more
The South Korean vice-minister for Science, Oh Tae-seog, announced on 1 February 2023 that they had selected an Arianespace Vega Read more
A Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 was launched from the Vandenberg Space Force base in California at 1615 GMT on 31 Read more
Just as Ukraine's military campaign has been supported by US commercial spacecraft operating firms — with SpaceX and Maxar providing Read more
SpaceNews reports (quoting the South China Morning Post) that the Zhurong 1 Mars rover as part of the Tianwen 1 Read more
While action film actor Tom Cruise has his detractors, you cannot say he is not successful. Recently starring in the Read more
- Upgrade to ISS continues as EVA prepares for additional solar arrays
- SSLV failure cause: Violent second stage separation triggered chain of events which prevented SSLV final stage burn to stable orbit
- Starlink Group 5-3 is launched by a SpaceX Falcon 9
- South Korea confirms shift of two missions from Russian launchers; Kompsat 6 goes to Arianespace and CAS500-2 goes back to international market
- SpaceX launches another batch of Starlinks plus ION-SCV9 delivery spacecraft testing separation system