Maxar Technologies, the firm which was formerly known as MDA, that holds the Earth Observing firm Digitalglobe and the satellite manufacturer SSL (aka Space Systems Loral) as its main subsidiaries, has had its CEO Howard Lanch resign four months short of three years in his post. The cause of his leaving has not been disclosed but Maxar’s subsidiaries have both had their problems. SSL has been known to be in difficulties due to the downturn in the GEO satellite market while failing to gain any significant US government work. Meanwhile, Digitalglobe had its own blow when its WorldView 4 satellite failed in orbit. Maxar was fast to appoint his replacement Daniel Jablonsky who is currently President at the firm and who will now be both President and CEO of Maxar.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
Sirius-XM Radio announced on 27 January that its SXM-7 satellite, which was launched by a Falcon 9 rocket on 13 Read more
Intelsat has brought to an end its extraordinary year of satellite and launch orders. On 17 September, it placed a Read more
SSL, the former Space Systems/Loral spacecraft construction company owned by Maxar, has decided to withdraw from its construction contract with Maxar Read more
Having ordered a SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch for a satellite, start up satellite operator Ovzon has ordered a small GEO communications satellite Read more
After internal Israeli political pressure over national strategic concerns forced the necessary funding, the new AMOS-8 communications satellite for the Israeli satellite operator Space Communication Read more
On 30 July, Canadian FSS operator Telesat signed an design agreement with an industrial consortium made up of European manufacturer Read more
One session at the SATELLITE 2018 conference was dedicated to the major global satellite manufacturers: Boeing, Maxar SSL, Orbital ATK, Thales Read more
The Brazilian communications satellite operator Embratel Star One has ordered a new communications satellite STAR ONE D2 from SSL (aka Space Systems/Loral) Read more
- Atlas V launches Trojan asteroid surveyor Lucy on 12-year-mission for NASA…then she has troubles locking out one of her solar arrays
- US DoD vexed by Chinese hypersonic missile test and North Korea’s submarine launch of Polaris-equivalent Pukguksong 3 missile into the Sea of Japan
- OneWeb crosses constellation halfway mark with another launch
- China launches new crew to its space station on board its Shenzhou 13 spacecraft
- International Space Station temporarily destablised as Soyuz MS-18 engine burn lasts too long but cosmonaut, actress & director returned to Earth on it OK