NASA Mars rover Perseverance gently drops its drone helicopter Ingenuity to the ground. A full flight test of the drone is due to take place in April – probably around 8 April. This will become the first aircraft to have worked extra-terrestrially excepting the “hopper” explorers that have “flown” – actually jumped around asteroids etc.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
Ingenuity – part of NASA’s Mars 2020 mission – made the first powered, controlled flight on another planet at 0730 Read more
Hollywood’s disaster movie genre has long been keen on the theme of the Earth being threatened by the imminent impact Read more
NASA has awarded the Houson, Texas-based firm Intuitive Machines a US$77 million contract to deliver scientific and rover payloads to Read more
On 8 November 2021 at 1905 GMT, Crew Dragon - NASA Crew 2 Endeavour autonomously undocked from the IDA-3 /PMA-3 Read more
“Not the decision we wanted, but we respect the court’s judgment, and wish full success for NASA and SpaceX on Read more
Nanoracks, in collaboration with Voyager Space and Lockheed Martin, has formed a team to develop the first free-flying commercial space Read more
NASA has selected the Compton Spectrometer and Imager (COSI) spacecraft as its next Small Explorer (SMEX) class mission. The Read more
An Atlas V rocket from ULA (United Launch Alliance) has launched a Lockheed Martin-built, NASA Discovery-class spacecraft into orbit. Lift-off Read more
- Shi Jian 21 docks with Beidou-2 G2 then takes it to a graveyard orbit
- European company Plus Ultra books satellite launch with German RFA and lunar deployments from Japan’s ispace
- Loft Orbital raises US$140m in funding and later orders more satellite buses from LeoStella and Airbus
- Chinasat-6A is likely total loss after attitude control issue
- TAIFA-1 to be built by Endurosat for Kenya’s Sayari Labs, launched on Falcon 9 as Endurosat also tapped to build space weather cubesat for Mission Space