The New Zealand/US-based small rocket launch operator Rocket Lab has landed a five-Electron KS launches deal to launch 25 satellites for the Kineis “Internet of Things” (IoT) communicaitons constellation. The dedicated launches will begin in Q2 2023. The deal, whose terms have not been disclosed, nevertheless represents a bit of a coup for the Rocket Lab firm which is trying to compete with SpaceX’s much cheaper if less bespoke ride share launch service with its dedicated launch business. The satellites will be delivered by the launch vehicle to a 650 km low Earth orbit.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
At 0430 GMT a 29 June a Rocket Lab Electron rocket (Electron KS) was launched from the Mahia Peninsula. Aboard Read more
On its third launch (2nd successful launch) the New Zealand based RocketLab Electron rocket successfully placed seven satellites into orbit. The Read more
While for the most part SpaceX Starlink satellites have proven to be reliable - or at least reliable enough to Read more
The Boeing/Lockheed Martin owned launch provider, the United Launch Alliance (ULA) which mainly specialises in US military launches, successfully launched Read more
SpaceX successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket carrying 49 Starlink satellites from Kennedy Space Centre, Florida, USA. The flight lifted-off Read more
The SpaceX Transporter-3 rideshare mission launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, at 1525 GMT, 13 January carrying over 100 satellites. The Read more
Sentinel-1B, a key Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite of the ESA/EU Copernicus Earth observation and monitoring programme, has failed in Read more
A Chinese Long March 2D (CZ-2D) rocket built by SAST (Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology) and operated by the quasi-military Read more
- TAIFA-1 to be built by Endurosat for Kenya’s Sayari Labs, launched on Falcon 9 as Endurosat also tapped to build space weather cubesat for Mission Space
- China launches Long March 4C out of Jiuquan carrying Ludi Tance radar sat
- James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) puts itself into Halo orbit around Sun-Earth L2
- One Starlink launch batch does not look very healthy: one in five satellites appear to have failed
- ULA Atlas V launch vehicle in “Lopsided” 511 configuration flies straight to put a pair of satellite GSSAP satellite snoopers into orbit