In snowy conditions, a Russian Soyuz 2-1b has launched the Lotos-S 5 electronic intelligence satellite into low Earth orbit at 2045 GMT on 2 February from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in Northern Russia. The satellite, which has now been given the military codename Cosmos 2549 (Kosmos 2549), was initially deployed into a 899 x 240 km orbit inclined at 67 degrees. This was just a parking orbit from where it will raise its perigee to its planned operational 900 km circular orbit.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
On 26 January 2023, at 0932 GMT, a Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 successfully launched 56 Starlink Gen2 satellites from Space Read more
Kicking off its launch year, Japan has placed a radar reconnaissance satellite into near-500 km sun-synchronous low Earth orbit (LEO). Read more
European launch service company Isar Aerospace, and U.S.-based Spaceflight Inc. which offers rides to orbit for satellites have announced a Read more
Nuclear Thermal rocket propulsion has been mooted since the 1960s. The idea is to use nuclear power to heat rocket Read more
After another day's delay due to bad weather, a Rocket Lab Electron KS rocket successfully launched three 30 kg Hawk Read more
At 1543 GMT on 19 January a SpaceX Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 rocket conducted its first Starlink mission of 2023. Read more
SpaceX successfully launched a Falcon 9v1.2FT Block 5 from Cape Canaveral, USA at 1224 GMT on 18 January. The vehicle Read more
The APT Satellite Holdings-owned APSTAR 6E HTS communications satellite which was placed into an initial orbit by a Chinese Long Read more
- SpaceX Falcon 9 launches Starlink Group 5-2
- Tianwen 1 mission’s Zhurong-1 Mars rover may have expired in its sleep
- Japan completes its first launch of the year of the radar reconnaissance satellite IGS RADAR-7
- New orders: ISAR Aerospace signs Spaceflight, Impulse Space LEO Express 1 to fly on Falcon 9, Raytheon chooses LM400 bus, Advance Space goes for bus from General Atomics, as Naucrates SSA sat goes to Clydespace
- Tom Cruise may have saved cinema industry with Top Gun-Maverick but he has even higher movie plans with space station studio module now ordered