The Neowise (NEOWISE) spacecraft will be reactivated during September by NASA which plans to use it for a further three years in an attempt to discover and analyse a further 150 asteroids passing close to Earth. The original Wise mission spacecraft was designed to examine stars and galaxies but after its helium coolant ran out for its infra-red instrumentation in 2011, it was later used on its “Neowise” mission extension to locate Near Earth Objects (NEOs). The spacecraft’s original Neowise mission was ended in February 2011. The mission is designed to search for a possible astreroid which might be redirected towards the Earth-Moon system for easy manned exploration.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
While it has been a painstaking operation during its four weeks since launch, engineers at NASA had previously confirmed that Read more
Sentinel-1B, a key Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite of the ESA/EU Copernicus Earth observation and monitoring programme, has failed in Read more
European launch provider Arianespace successfully launched an Ariane 5 ECA vehicle from Kourou Space Centre, French Guiana, at 1220 GMT Read more
The Guildford UK-based satellite construction firm SSTL (Surrey Satellite Technology Limited), which is part of Airbus Space and Defence, has Read more
A Falcon 9v1.2 Block 5 rocket successfully launched the IXPE - Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer mission for NASA on 8 Read more
European Space Agency (ESA) has selected Airbus DS to design and manufacture its fourth "Medium-class" Cosmic Vision mission. The Atmospheric Remote-sensing Read more
NASA has awarded the Houson, Texas-based firm Intuitive Machines a US$77 million contract to deliver scientific and rover payloads to Read more
A suborbital/sounding rocket launch of the Japanese SS-520 (Two Stage Suborbital) rocket was launched from the Svalbard Rocket Range in Read more
- TAIFA-1 to be built by Endurosat for Kenya’s Sayari Labs, launched on Falcon 9 as Endurosat also tapped to build space weather cubesat for Mission Space
- China launches Long March 4C out of Jiuquan carrying Ludi Tance radar sat
- James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) puts itself into Halo orbit around Sun-Earth L2
- One Starlink launch batch does not look very healthy: one in five satellites appear to have failed
- ULA Atlas V launch vehicle in “Lopsided” 511 configuration flies straight to put a pair of satellite GSSAP satellite snoopers into orbit