Orbital Sciences Corporation has announced that it has sold two of its new upgraded satellite design for communications satellites GEOSTAR-3. While the construction contracts are yet to be officially confirmed, one of the satellites is being built for the London based mobile satellite services firm Avanti Communiations as Hylas 4. The other satellites is the Yahsat 3 (Al Yah 3) spacecraft for the Abu-Dhabi-based Yahsat. The satellite design is a larger and more powerful version compared to its GEOSTAR-2 bus.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
While dwindling engine supplies meant that Orbital Sciences Corp already had a plan to replace its elderly AJ-26 (refurbished Russian Read more
Commercial manned spaceflight was especially emphasised at IAC 2014, and it even got its own plenary session. Alexander Derechin, of Read more
The Cygnus Orb-2 spacecraft, a disposable unmanned freighter operated by Orbital Sciences Corporation for NASA, was unberthed/undocked from the International Read more
While the news had previously been leaked, the US spacecraft and launch vehicle manufacturer, Orbital Sciences Corporation, formally announced that it Read more
At 1652 GMT on 13 July 2014, a Orbital Science Corporation Antares 120 rocket lifted off from its Wallops Island Read more
In a news release, the launch vehicles and satellites maker, Orbital Sciences Corp, has announced that it has entered a Read more
The space launch vehicle and spacecraft manufacturer Orbital Sciences Corp has a reported shortlist of three engines as it searches for Read more
Russia’s military and political advances in the Crimean region of Ukraine, following similar fanning of separatism in parts of Georgia Read more
- Shi Jian 21 docks with Beidou-2 G2 then takes it to a graveyard orbit
- European company Plus Ultra books satellite launch with German RFA and lunar deployments from Japan’s ispace
- Loft Orbital raises US$140m in funding and later orders more satellite buses from LeoStella and Airbus
- Chinasat-6A is likely total loss after attitude control issue
- TAIFA-1 to be built by Endurosat for Kenya’s Sayari Labs, launched on Falcon 9 as Endurosat also tapped to build space weather cubesat for Mission Space