As it presses forward with a plan to give its Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicles dual launch capabilty, that is to launch two major satellites on one launch, the Boeing-Lockheed Martin colloboration ULA (United Launch Alliance) has selected the Swiss firm RUAG Space to build the necessary composite adapters and fairings. The contract signed on 27 June was follow-on to the business that RUAG already does for ULA in providing provides payload fairings for interstage adapters for the Atlas launcher.
Seradata produce the renowned SpaceTrak Launch & Satellite Database. Trusted by 100 of the world’s leading Space organisations, SpaceTrak is a fully queryable database used for market analysis, failure/risk assessment, spectrum analysis and space situational awareness (SSA).
For more information go to www.seradata.com/spacetrak
SpaceNews reports (quoting the South China Morning Post) that the Zhurong 1 Mars rover as part of the Tianwen 1 Read more
While action film actor Tom Cruise has his detractors, you cannot say he is not successful. Recently starring in the Read more
The Chinese sent 14 new satellites into orbit on a Long March-2D/2 (CZ-2D/2) rocket at 0314 GMT on 15 January. Read more
A SpaceX Falcon Heavy Block 5 (px) rocket successfully lifted off from Kennedy Space Center, Florida, USA at 2256 GMT Read more
Events on the International Space Station have been more muted after the excitement of the Soyuz MS-22 coolant leak. On Read more
A Long March 2D (CZ-2D) rocket lifted off from Jiuquan at 0700 GMT on 13 January 2023. Aboard were three Read more
China's Long March 2C/3 (CZ-2C/3) rocket has been modified with a additional kick stage attached to the satellite to launch Read more
Following a radiator leak on 15 December, Roscosmos, in agreement with NASA and other International Space Station (ISS) partners, have Read more
- SpaceX Falcon 9 launches Starlink Group 5-2
- Tianwen 1 mission’s Zhurong-1 Mars rover may have expired in its sleep
- Japan completes its first launch of the year of the radar reconnaissance satellite IGS RADAR-7
- New orders: ISAR Aerospace signs Spaceflight, Impulse Space LEO Express 1 to fly on Falcon 9, Raytheon chooses LM400 bus, Advance Space goes for bus from General Atomics, as Naucrates SSA sat goes to Clydespace
- Tom Cruise may have saved cinema industry with Top Gun-Maverick but he has even higher movie plans with space station studio module now ordered